“Prevention is better than cure”
Eating right amount of food with essential nutrients will help the body’s immune system to create a shield around the body in protecting against all odds.
Daily lifestyle activities in moderation and destressing with meditation, right amount of sleep and mild physical activity will boost the immune system.
Wear clean clothes washed in detergent and Dettol.
Wash hands regularly with antiseptic soap
Use of sanitizers to be kept handy
Cleaning of your door knobs or handles, fridge handles, water dispensers or RO, taps, car doors, lift buttons etc to be disinfected regularly with alcohol based disinfectants.
Keep hands away from mouth, eyes& nose.
Dusting cloth to be washed and disinfected.
Floor disinfectants to be doubled.
Children, senior citizens and people prone to infections to be extra cautious and avoid going to public places.
Foods to boost your immunity:
1. Tulsi infused water it has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties.
2. Garlic & ginger has powerful anti-viral ingredient include in your soups, salads, dishes ,chutney ,tea etc.
3. Vitamin -C rich food like Indian gooseberry, oranges, yellow bell peppers, guava, papaya, lemons.
4. Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid and caprylic acid which is essential in boosting immune system.
5. Probiotics helps balance friendly bacteria in the gut.
6. Berries helps the body protect against viral attacks, fungal infections, ultraviolet radiation, stress and injury.
7. Green tea is rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients.
8. Coconut water loaded with essential minerals.
9. Vegetable and fruit juices good source of vitamins and minerals.
10. Hydration keep yourself hydrated throughout the day.
11. Proteins are essential for growth and maintenance, adequate amount of protein to fight infections 0.8 gms to 1gm of protein per body weight.
12. The golden milk or the turmeric milk if India rich in anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory properties.